Tuesday, January 01, 2008
2007 Roundup
It’s a new year!One sentence to describe my 2007: it’s been a bed of roses together with thorns.
I had been pricked and bleed several times along the way. The pain no longer lingers but the memories remained. An overview of the significant moments:I am thankful for the fact that I had completed my studies and finally had a convocation I called my own. Best of all, I graduated with my best girlfriend, who have always stood by me in all the good & bad times. It’s a gratitude deep down in my heart that words cannot describe enough. After almost 18years, I finally bid farewell to my ‘good friend’- my spectacles, last year. It had been with me all these while, acting as my best pair of eyes, bringing me to see clearly what my eyes failed to, literally.
Despite being my ‘good friend’, I miss nothing much of it except the decency I carried with it.
Lasik had been a lifetime experience, and may I add that it’s actually damn fun!Some people do not know of the relationship but I have been with my precious for more than 2.5 years (and still going). He has filled up many of the missing spaces in my heart, which I never knew was missing.
Things happened & changed and it’s not easy holding on and staying strong together. I guess we have managed those awful moments, though I know we will never be able to foresee what lie ahead or how things will happen (again) to shake our worlds.
The happy & noteworthy times definitely outweighed the unpleasant ones.
I am grateful once again for those who have been around to witness our melodramatic relationship and importantly, respect it.
Since we ushered in 2008 together, I hope the dynamics of our relationship will grow even stronger. It had been somewhat holidays season for me for the past 6 months, having a big portion of personal time on hand. And I guess it’s time to be more focused and to embark on a new chapter in life – a job, to kickstart a career.
Of course I can’t bear to kiss goodbye to this wonderful part of my personal time but we don’t always have a choice, do we?我 一 路 上 跌 跌 撞 撞 , 但 还 是 爬 起 来 .
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off-course, we wouldn’t fall in love, or have what we own now, or be who we are.
I owe it to my loved ones as well as frenemies.
There are some defeats more triumphant than victories. A big thank you to everyone who had walked through 2007 with me, never giving up. You guys & dolls rock!