Just when I had taken today's papers with anticipation for opportunities that may lie within for me, something else caught my attention and took part of my initial faith away. The Insight Special on Graduates of 2007.
Of course, there are graduates like me who are searching for ideal jobs painstakingly. People who had bad encounters before settling for their current jobs. At the same time, there are graduates who already have jobs awaiting them before they graduated because internships and varsity career offices clinch jobs for students.
Read this (direct copy from the papers): ... all three Singapore universities set up career service offices between 2001 and 2004, to be the bridge between employers looking for fresh blood, and students seeking their first permanent job.
SMU also compiles its students' resumes into a directory, as well as on CD-ROMS, making it easy for employers to choose suitable candidates. And a graduate from the varsity interviewed had secured a job at one of the big 4s among the accounting firms without sending out a single job application.
I closed the section. Continued flipping through the recruit section in search of my own opportunities. Perhaps not all hopes are lost. I keep my own.
I belong to the Hard Luck Club.
a b o u t
Don't take me too seriously; but don't underestimate me.
Don't judge me because my cover reads nothing like my book.
*W I S H L I S T
another amazing holidays
: : his words to me : :
Whatever happens, always remember that u mean alot to me. U are everything and more.