Its a l o v e-ly personal lunch with him, in celebration for me.
Its a sweet gesture and he added to that by using his citibank credit card for the every first time for this meal.
He was in fact the first to congratulate me.
i recalled a part of the conversation we had right after my final paper that night:
he: 宝..贝..so how do u feel now having completed everything?
me: what?? hahaha.. did you just speak mandarin? errmm.. nothing much. Happy? Relaxed?
he: uhh... thats all?
me: (laughing away) i don't know, glad i guess but then again, when i think of the upcoming full-time job, naturally i anticipate it but am kinda worried as well.
he: (short silence) okay, look. there's something i have to be very honest with you. listen to me. From the conversations we always have about the things you do, the opinions you have towards things, about your current job and of coz having worked together at tcc, I know you are capable of many things. Granted, to start off, there will be a little loss and things you need to adjust to; but after which, you'll be fine and I know you will. Alrite baby?
he: You will make it big and far in life. So one day, when you become some big shot, pls don't forget little people like us. (laughing)
Whether I do make it big and far in life in future, I will never forget the ones who have been there with and for me.
And I know he is definitely one of them.