Disclaimer: The following post is very much my personal views and hold nothing against anyone or any organisation. If you feel uncomfortable or offended at any part of the post, feel free to stop reading and leave my blog.
Just few days back, in the news and papers read: 12 900 applicants, vying for 1498 positions (approx. figures). This, I refer to the SMU intake for this year. Credits given to their excellent marketing efforts, and their well-known interactive tutorials. A higher instituition = An above average student? There's no doubt that its competitive and tough to be able to secure a position in the school; it's perhaps even tougher to sustain and compete with all the already-above-average students. Is that the reason why most people wish to be part of it, to show that at the end of it all, if you survive in the school, you do not only have the knowledge but importantly you will make it almost anywhere because you have well-equipped yourself with the soft skills?
Think about this, for every 1 opening, there are almost 10 people vying for it. So in time to come, for every 1 job opening, how many SMU graduates will also be competing with you? Do your Maths. They have what it takes for the challenge, do you?
Actually... Do employers really prefer graduates from higher instituition? Were they previously from such instituitions as well? Are they at where they are now on the corporate ladder because of the university they graduated from?
Who is to judge?
In a scenario of being in a sales line, the winner is not the one who's from a better institution, but the one who can bring in the most sales for the company.
In any case, I believe no matter where you graduate from, everyone stands a fair chance in the job market. The university we graduate from should not define who we are or what we are made up of.
Btw, did I mention that I am not from SMU?
a b o u t
Don't take me too seriously; but don't underestimate me.
Don't judge me because my cover reads nothing like my book.
*W I S H L I S T
another amazing holidays
: : his words to me : :
Whatever happens, always remember that u mean alot to me. U are everything and more.