Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Lies
Why do people lie?Are white lies harmless or is it just a better excuse for people to deceive?If humans lose the ability to lie, will it make things much simpler?I recalled the times I lied. To get what I want, to do the things I wanna do, to avoid the consequences, to not hurt the one i love. Its dumb really, coz at the end of the day, you know all that you do had already hurt the ones you love.I recalled again, the times when someone lied to me and I discovered the truth.Ouch.Yeah, it hurts. And I wondered why the person had lied. Someone once told me, people lie for several reasons; may be because of the other party's reaction, may be because the matter doesn't mean much, may be the incident is nothing at all.Or maybe it really doesn't matter at all.When the truth reveals, we stand alone with the truth that was once hidden and face the fact that you had hurt the other person, intentionally or unintentionally.